Sunday 20 January 2013

Time's running out!


It's been a long time since I've written for my blog. Since I have returned after Christmas it has been constant essay writing and revision for exams, oral exams! Except for foreign languages I don't think oral exams are practiced in the UK. But in a weird sort of way I quite enjoyed them. I was extremely anxious, more about the unknown than about revising for them, and I haven't had to revise since my ABPI exams 14 years ago! Yet being able to talk through your answers, and justify your own opinions seemed a good way to be examined in theology.
Anyway they finished last Thursday, and since then I haven't stopped. I've been out for coffee, lunch, dinner and I've been to a skiing resort. This has all been with people I have met at the little Anglican Church I attend in Gingin. Tomorrow I'm leading evening prayer because Carolyn the priest in charge is a way for the weekend, it'll be my last Sunday at Gingin, so it's a real opportunity to thank everyone.
On Monday we go to Rome for a study visit, it has been made very clear to us that this is what it is, it is not a tourist visit. Paid for and organised by the Vatican during the week of prayer for Christian unity and with an audience with the pope, it's going to be quite a week. I plan to blog daily if we have WiFi  if not, I'll write daily and blog it all at the end of the week. The program is none stop all week from 8.30am until 10.00pm most days, we get a free afternoon on Saturday, I think we will all need to lie in a darkened room by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment