Thursday 13 September 2012

Speaking in tongues...

We shared our first worship together yesterday evening. We shared one gospel reading from Ephesians 4:1-6, that we follow our calling and live as one body and one spirit with humility, patience and love. No surprise that this was the opening reading, but it was shared in many different languages, Burmese, Russian, and many more. We all understood, we all shared the gospel reading and its message to us, we were all talking in different tongues, but we all understood.
There are at least 15 different first languages spoken by the students in my year group and every time we say the Lords Prayer, we say it in our own language, aloud and together and yet it sounds the same as if we were all speaking one dialogue. if this is the start of things to come, this unity thing under Christ could take off!!!

I have no doubt we are all in the honeymoon period at the moment and we have been warned we may get complacent, but it has been a nice start.

I'm finding the orientation week a bit slow, but I have to remind myself that just because I could say everything in half the time, most of my student colleagues find it fast and furious with lots of information to take on board

Other Church of England ordinand's who have studied at Bossey, have mentioned this in the past, but it is easy to become the point of contact for the things that haven't become clear. I'm not in the thick of it yet and for those of you who know me well you may be surprised, but if I were to take more of an active role I think I would find all my spare time was spent on solving issues or explaining instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment